- March – Missouri City Recreation Superintendent Shane Mize was named winner of the 2011 Texas Recreation and Parks Society (TRAPS) Young Professional Award for his exceptional achievements in the profession. The coveted prize is given to one young professional 35 years old or younger who is actively involved in TRAPS through leadership roles and the promotion of parks and recreation in published articles and research project.
- April – Missouri City receives the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for sound financial management and fiscal responsibility from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada for the 24th straight year.
- June – Missouri City Municipal Television (MCTV)'s “In the News” program was awarded a Bronze Telly for creative programming in the 31st Annual Telly Awards, a national program honoring outstanding local, regional, cable TV, and web commercials and program.
- June – The city forester’s citizen outreach programs were recognized by the Texas Association of Municipal Information Officers (TAMIO) with a Silver Star for utilizing citizen volunteers and corporate donations to expand and improve the green scape in city parks and other city amenities.
- November – The Missouri City Finance Department has earned two new honors. The gold Leadership Circle Award from the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts salutes the City’s “transparency in financial, audit and budget reporting to residents,” said Finance Director Wes Vela. “We value financial accountability and an important service we provide to citizens is the online posting of the annual budget, annual financial report and check register.” The City Budget features key services and programs; the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report highlights details on the City’s financial condition and the Check Register shows how City funds are spent.