- Feb 2017 – The Communications Department received six silver Communicator Awards of Distinction and two silver and 15 bronze Telly Awards. Communicator Awards were for the following: Online Video: Web Series—Missouri City Minute, Online Video: Animation—Kids’ Corner, Marketing/Promotion: WCA Waste Management (Community Impact Insert)—Residential/Commercial Services, Marketing/Promotion: Missouri City Police Recruitment, Marketing/Promotion: City’s Small Business Policy Banners, Marketing/Promotion: 2015 State of the City logo design. The Silver Telly’s were for the following: 3D Graphics & Animation: WCA Information Film/Video and Use of Animation: iReport See Click Fix Promo. Bronze Telly award winning videos are: Missouri City Fire & Rescue Services Medical Call, 2015 State of the City and Open Carry Film/Video.
- June 2017 – The Communications Department received a TAMI Award for Special Publication, Population Under 85,000 for the MCTX Fest, Mother's Day Cake Decorating & Community Night Out flyer; a TAMI Award of Excellence for the Electronic Newsletter, Population Under 100,000 for the City Manager's Update and a TAMI Award of Honor for Regular Program, Population under 85,000 for Kids' Corner at the 2017 Texas Association of Municipal Information Officers Conference held in Lakeway Texas. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- March 2016 – Missouri City was named a top-20 finalist for the 2016 All-America City Awards by the National Civic League @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- January 2015 – Director of Communications Stacie Walker received the Creekmont Community Association, Inc. Meritorious Award.
- February 2015 – Missouri City places third place for the H-E-B Community Challenge. The “It’s Time Texas” sponsored challenge unites and mobilizes schools, businesses, organizations, community members and leaders toward the common goal of transforming their communities.
- March 2015 - The Missouri City Communications Department receives four Communicator Awards for the following: Silver Award of Distinction for the City of Missouri City (Best Government Website); Silver Award of Distinction for Missouri City Facebook (Best Social Media Page); Silver Award of Distinction for Missouri City In the News (Best Film/Video); and, a Silver Award of Distinction for Missouri City YouTube page (Best Online Video Variety).
- December 2015 – The Missouri City Communications Department received a TAMIO Award of Excellence for brand marketing of the City’s Small Business Policy. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>